The Broadbent Institute
The Broadbent Institute is a Canadian progressive and social democratic think tank, founded by Ed Broadbent, former leader of the federal New Democratic Party. An independent and non-partisan organization, the Broadbent Institute pursues:
- economic development considered together with social development
- sustainable, productive markets in service of the public good
- public policy based in citizen engagement in decision-making
- accountable, open, and responsive government
- intergenerational, gender, and intercultural equality
The Toronto Star referred to the Broadbent Institute as a social democratic think tank.